In all my preliminary preparations for our upcoming driving trip, I totally forgot to blog last night. In my defense, in addition to thinking about necessary chores, like doing laundry, we have been entertaining a house guest who will be with us until the day before we leave on our vacation.
On the positive side, our guest really enjoys old movies, so last evening, after supper, we watched the movie "Nine to Five" starring Jane Fonda, Lily Thomlin, and Dolly Parton. I had forgotten how hilarious that movie really is. I went to bed, still laughing, and realized at about 2:00am that I had forgotten to blog. Too late then.
Today, following up on our goal of being really ready for this trip (since this is not a Viking Cruise the bulk of the planning has fallen on my wonder spouse) he is doing an excellent job of making sure all our 'ducks' are in a row. After careful consideration of the discriptions of rough terain on some of our walking tours, we decided that it might be good to have something sturdier than gym shoes to wear. So today we went shopping at my favorite shoe store, Robert's, which is, sadly, going out of business at the end of October. Where will I get my size 11's then? Happily, almost everything in the store is marked down. I was able to buy a pair of SAS walking shoes at a really good price. Regular price $209.00, sale price $125.40. This was only a 40 percent discount but I'm not complaining.
This is what they look like, not particularly cute or stylish, but definitely up to hiking around Mesa Verde. The color is called 'black moon dust.' I do like that. So far they are also very comfortable. Alas, my spouse was not able to find anything similar in the men's department, but never fear, he has ordered hiking boots from Amazon. They will be here tomorrow. Which is good since we're leaving on Wednesday. "Southwest" here we come!!
PS If this blog sounds like an advertisement for Robert's, that was not my intent, but if you like shoes (notice I didn't say 'need' shoes) you should not miss this sale. It ends October 31.

No comments:
Post a Comment