Tuesday, October 15, 2024

sew on and sew forth...

 Today is "Sewing Lovers Day."  It's also "National Grouch Day," but since I don't know any of those, I'll concentrate on the sewing.  My west coast brother thought he might qualify as a grouch, but I assured him he doesn't.  I have so many friends and relatives who love sewing, and are masters of the art, that I can't begin to list them all, but I must give a shout out to some individuals and groups. I think that anything that involves some sort of needle and yarn or thread counts as sewing.  With that in mind here's my list.  My daughter-in-law and my west coast sister-in-law create absolutely beautiful clothing.  Many of my good friends create amazing quilts.  My daughter-in-law's mother, my outlaw, (we figure we're not in-laws but our families are definitely connected so we've dubbed ourselves out-laws) has won prizes for several of her quilts.  Members of my FFF (Faith, Fiber and Fellowship) group are absolute artists in knitting, crocheting, counted cross stitch and other forms of yarn work.  I know, I know, crocheting uses a hook, not a needle, but crocheters create beautiful clothing of all sorts, so I say that qualifies as sewing.  I also think that my stitcheries count as sewing.  Not necessarily the weaving part (although that does create fabric) but the needle work involved in the finished products.  In writing all of this down, I have realized that the majority of my favorite people are sewing lovers.  They are just really nice people and I'm lucky to know so many of them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment