Monday, October 7, 2024

Turn it on....

 Today is National LED Light Day.  Thank you to my west coast brother who provided me with this info.  He is not sending me food-related special days until I have lost the weight I gained on our recent trip.  LED lights are not to be confused with laser lights, which, if you have one to use as a pointer when doing an illustrated presentation, are wonderful for playing with your cat.  But I digress.  LED lights, as they have evolved over the last several years, are bright, don't put off heat, and last a long time.  They come in shapes and sizes from tiny little Christmas tree lights to large globes and even rectangles.  My brother-in-law still decorates his Christmas tree with the old style incandescent colored bulbs.  When I saw his tree for the first times last year I realized that I like the new LED lights so much more, for looks, and because they don't get hot.  The last time I had one burn out (they actually do sometimes) I had to search long and hard to find where I had stored the replacements.  They do last a long time.  My very favorite LED light (with three long narrow bulbs) is in my desk lamp.  Sadly, even the finest bulbs don't provide light if you can't turn them on.  Some weeks ago the push-button style switch on my lamp started sticking and it took several pushes to turn it on or off.  Finally, two days ago, it wouldn't turn on at all.  Happily, my wonder spouse, who is an Electrical Engineer, knew just how to fix the problem.  He ordered a new switch.  It should be here any day now and he assures me that it will be an easy matter to 'pop in' the new switch.  Then I can stop writing these blogs by candle light.  

Speaking of lights, these are the rectangular LED lights recently installed in my bathroom.  So pretty, and dimmable when I don't want to be shocked in the morning.  


No comments:

Post a Comment