Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Cheers to friendship...

 I think it's fascinating how, when you get together with good friends, things just seem to pick up where they left off the last time you were together.  

My spouse and I had that experience today when we traveled to Winchester (the Indiana town, not the cathedral) to visit with friends of ours whom we hadn't seen for over a year.  When I tell you that we have been friends since college you will understand that we are old friends in every sense of the word.  But, if anything, that made this visit even sweeter. 

It's true that our conversation this time around included a lot more references to doctors, hospital stays and therapies that it ever used to. Each of us had something to contribute to that part of the conversation. But we also found plenty of time to compare notes on how all of our family members are doing and share pictures of a grandchild's wedding and a super cute great grandchild. 

We also talked about trips we have taken, they to Thailand, we to Egypt, among other places, and future travel plans.  As we shared lunch at one of their favorite Mexican restaurants we made tentative plans for them to come visit us in Fort Wayne, probably after the holidays.  They would like to go to a play and their favorite Japanese restaurant while they are here.  Sounds good to us.  I love having future plans to look forward to, especially plans shared with good friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment