Friday, September 18, 2026

Shoe therapy...

 Those of you who are of the feminine persuasion will understand when I say that sometimes a woman needs to go shoe shopping.  It is, without a doubt a theraputic experience.

I had decided, a few days ago, that, before we go on our southwest driving adventure in four weeks, I really needed to buy a new pair of good, sturdy walking shoes.  My old gym shoes have served me faithfully through Egypt, Alaska, South America and quite a bit of Europe, but they are wearing out.

I knew it was a sign that the time had come when I heard an ad on the radio this morning announcing the retirement/closing sale of my favorite Fort Wayne shoe store - Robert's.  If you've ever lived in Fort Wayne you've probably bought shoes at Robert's. They will be closing at the end of October and I have no idea where I'll go shoe shopping after they close.  This is no joke.  I wear a women's size 11 narrow which is not an easy size to find (although it is getting easier as young women are growing taller).  

My spouse agreed to come with me to do some shoe shopping.  They were having a good sale and we each bought two pairs of shoes.  His were two pairs of SAS sandals.  I bought one fall colored pair of Easy Spirits, my favorite shoes, and a second pair of Drews. I have never bought that brand before but the box said they have been in business since 1875 so I figured they are probably ok.  The Drews I bought were the walking shoes I was looking for with a fun twist. 

This is a picture of one of the shoes.  I think you will agree it's a fairly typical looking gym shoe.


What really sold me on these shoes was this special feature.  Once you have the shoes tied comfortably you never need to bother tying them again.  There is a zipper on each side of each shoe.  Just unzip, slip them on and zip them up.  Isn't that nifty?  Even on my sleepiest mornings I should be able to manage that.  

Forgive me if this blog seems to much like a commercial, but I really am excited about these shoes, like a kid at Christmas excited, and I just had to share.  

No comments:

Post a Comment