Yesterday we had some fairly heavy rain here in Allen County and my spouse and I grumbled a little about dashing through the rain, sometimes heavy, to get to our morning appointments. It wasn't a cold rain (it's summertime after all) and it did ease up after a while. Our clothing quickly dried when we got into the buildings we were going to, so, at most, the rain was a minor inconvenience.
Today, when I heard from my west coast brother, I realized how lucky we are. He was rejoicing because it was raining in his area of Washington state for the first time in two months. They have been suffering the effects of wild fires, not threatening their home, but close enough to them to make the air hard to breathe. He told me that today's rain cleared the air, at least temporarily. However some fires are still burning and won't be put out until it snows.
According to the weather report, our local area will be having rain again this Friday and Saturday. I know that is the beginning of the long Labor Day weekend and you may have outdoor plans. But remember, if you have to move the party indoors, it's still so much better than wild fires.
No comments:
Post a Comment