Today, according to my Page-a-Day Maxine calendar, is Parents' Day.
It is also, according to my west coast brother, "Aunt and Uncle's Day" and "Savvy Auntie's Day." In my life time I have been blessed with wonderful parents, a loving parent-in-law, a loving step-parent, four fine uncles, four wonderful aunts, two loving grandpas and one honorary grandma. She was a good friend's grandma, but she lived next door to us and we called her grandma.
Now it's my turn. I am, by age, the matriarch of my family. I think I was a good mom, my children have turned out just fine, and my adult grandchildren, who are also doing well, love me. I have also tried to be a good aunt to my three nieces and three nephews and their spouses and children.
I'm not sure if they consider me savvy (probably not) but I think they know that I love them all.

No comments:
Post a Comment