Friday, July 31, 2026

shopping spree..

 As a general rule, when you send a husband grocery shopping you never know what might jump into his cart or follow him home. Or so I've been told by various friends and relatives. 

Interestingly though, my wonder spouse does most of the grocery shopping in our household.  He has it down to a science, with a shopping list he creates on his phone.  No casually roaming the aisles with a paper list (my style) his phone list includes brand names and aisle and section numbers.  No wasted steps, no backtracking, his engineering spirit is obvious.  

But sometimes he gets to go a little wild.  Today was one of those days.  I had commitments this morning (a manicure and a visit with an elderly cousin) so he went by himself to our favorite farmers' market, Schmuckers, where things are not nearly as well organized as at Krogers but so much more fun to discover.

A few hours later (it's a long drive, especially with road construction detours) he came home laden with fresh scrumptiousness.  Michigan cherries, Indiana tomatoes, cheese curds, colby jack cheese, corn on the cob, green beans and one large onion will keep us eating well for days to come. 

Oh yes, he did swing by the nearby Taste of Tradition Bakery to pick up apple bread and coffee cake.  

If I look like I've gained a few pounds the next time you see me, I'm sure you'll understand.  

By the way, if you look back at the blog I wrote a few days ago about the new food pyramid, you will see that this week we are eating all the right stuff.  Well, except for the coffee cake, but nobody's perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment