I hope you ate well today. According to my west coast brother today is "National Hot Fudge Sundae Day" and "National Wine and Cheese Day." You're bound to find something you like somewhere in those choices.
My wonder spouse and I managed to find something to our liking. This evening we went to dinner with my son and his family. We were celebrating two birthdays and a new job, so lots to be happy about.
My daughter-in-law, one of the birthday people, selected Red Robin as the site for dinner since she had a coupon for a free 'birthday burger.' The reason and the destination both sounded good to my spouse and me, and so we went to Red Robin for the first time in at least three years. I used to go there fairly often with my son and his family but the granddaughters have grown up and their tastes have expanded. Dinner there today brought back some sweet memories.
I had water instead of wine, but I did have a generous amount of cheese on my bacon cheese burger. It was served just the way I like it with cheese and bacon of course and sliced tomato and mayo. No lettuce. I am not a fan of lettuce. Happily it came prepared exactly as I had ordered it. This does not always happen in restaurants.
I am glad to be able to report that the Red Robin onion rings and sweet potato fries are just as delicious as I remembered.
Sadly, after eating our fill of burgers, fries and onion rings, my spouse and I decided that we had no room for hot fudge sundaes. That treat will have to wait for another day. Happily tomorrow is another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment