Tuesday, July 28, 2026

going shopping...

 Between us, my wonder spouse and I have 10 grandchildren ranging in ages from eight to 27.  Almost all of them are of an age where money is a cheerfully given and gratefully accepted birthday gift.  

However, being pretty sure that our soon-to-be nine year old granddaughter would really like to have some physical presents to open, and knowing that she is quite artistic, my spouse and I took ourselves to the United Arts and Education store today.

This store is a fantasy land of all kinds of art materials, educational aids, games, puzzles and so much more.  

After an absolutely delightful hour of exploring every aisle we came away with several gifts, an interesting variety, that we hope will delight her.  A couple of them might even get her big brothers involved. 

True confession, while we were there we also bought a new jigsaw puzzle for ourselves and I bought myself a nice fat new sketch pad, because being retired gives one time to play and be creative. Hooray!



No comments:

Post a Comment