Sunday, August 9, 2015

Thin places

We did something different at our church today, we moved our worship outside to the courtyard. It was a lovely service; the day was overcast and breezy but no rain, perfect to sit outside and I appreciated the emphasis in the hymns and sermon in praising God through and in nature.  In the sermon the pastor talked about "thin places" on this earth where we feel closer to God. He mentioned that his thin places were always on the water - lake, river, ocean - any body of water.  Naturally I started to think about my own thin places and I realized that my "thin place" experiences always involve hills or mountains. How strange, since I grew up in very flat country, or maybe it takes something out of the ordinary to sharpen one's awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment