Tuesday, June 6, 2023

another phobia I don't have...

 Today's question in my Page A Day Trivia Calendar is "If someone has omphalophobia, what are they afraid of?"  Well, obviously my first guess was a fear of Oompa Loompas, or possibly a fear of marching bands that play oompah music.  But I was wrong on both counts.  It turns out that omphalophobia is the fear of belly buttons.  Really?  Belly buttons?  I'm sorry.  What on earth it there to be afraid of about belly buttons?  I mean, you might fear getting an infection if a piercing goes wrong, or catching a belly button ring on something but otherwise???? As far as body parts go, I think it's one of the most inoffensive.  Maybe people fear that if it gets punctured they will deflate like a balloon?  If you have a better theory please share it with me.  In the meantime, here's a fun fact that was added to the entry - approximately 10 percent of humans have outies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment