Saturday, June 28, 2014

another of life's most embarrassing moments

I was innocently driving along a very familiar street this evening when I was side swiped by another driver.  I pulled into a side street to check for damages and expected the other car to follow me.  Instead it drove away, so i am the victim of a swipe and run with a rather ugly black scar all along the side of my white car.  My daughter who was with me called the police so we could report the incident and I could have a file number to give to my insurance company.  Nothing embarrassing about any of this. While we were waiting for the police person to show up (he was very nice) I began searching for my registration.  I found last year's but not the current one.  As I was talking to the policeman I explained that I couldn't fine my new registration.  He then pointed out to me that my plate was expired, should have been renewed two months ago, and opined that I probably didn't have my registration because I hadn't renewed my plate.  Ooops!!
He urged me to do it right away which I did on line this evening.  I now at least have a transaction receipt and renewal number to prove my good intentions should some less understanding cop pull me over before my new sticker arrives. Whew! Let's hear it for technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment