Wednesday, October 2, 2024

What's in a name?

 Today, according to my west coast brother, is "National Name Your Car Day."  I don't know your feelings about this, but I have always named my cars. It makes them seem friendlier somehow.  I'm the first to admit that my car names aren't particularly original but I'm not the only car- naming person. When I bought my current car, a pretty blue Fiat 500L, there was a large board in the showroom where buyers were encouraged to write the names of their new cars.  The name of my car is "Blue."  As I said, not wildly original, but it suits it.  At this point I couldn't change the name if I wanted to.  In Indiana we only have license plates on the back of our cars leaving the front space common to most cars available for decorative plates. Thanks to a gift from one of my granddaughters soon after I bought the car, the plate on the front of my car proudly pronounces "Nana's Blue."  I'm not sure how my spouse feels about naming cars but I've named it "Red." I will not, however, be giving him a decorative plate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment