Tuesday, October 1, 2024

another great day...

 Once again my west coast brother has lightened my mood with his humor.  I watched the VP debate this evening which was not fun, but, while watching, I was able to celebrate International Day of Older Persons (that's me), Homemade Cookie Day, and World Vegetarian Day by simply being older, enjoying a cup of warm cider (that's certainly vegetarian) and eating a homemade cookie.  Ok, I must admit that the cookies were not made in a home but rather in our church kitchen.  However, I do know, because I have helped bake them in other years, that they are made from scratch with all of the same ingredients you would use at home.  My husband likes the cinnamon sugar cookies while I favor the molasses cookies.  My mother used to bake really excellent molasses cookies and these come as close as any I've tasted since.  As far as being a vegetarian is concerned, my brother informs me that he is a 'virtual vegetarian.'  He only eats vegetables or things that have previously eaten vegetables.  It works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment