Wednesday, March 19, 2014

another bemusing statistic

On the TV news show this morning they were discussing a new Alzheimer"s statistic. Believe me, I den't take Alzheimer's lightly but this did leave me wondering. It seems that one in six older women risks getting Alzheimer's while only one in 11 older men are likely to contract it.  When pinned down as to why this might be true one expert opined that it's because women live longer.  It seems like a tough reward for living longer.  He went on to say that I can do all the Sudoko I want and it really won't help (how did he know?). I'll just get better at doing Sudoko.  He suggested learning a new language or how to play a musical instrument helps your brain keep active. Watch out world, I may have to try to learn to play the piano one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment