Tuesday, July 15, 2014

to each her own

I love my dishwasher,  It's sloshing away right now, cleaning up my dishes, while I sit here in the family room "working" on my computer.  While visiting with my brother and sister-in-law last week, I did dishes, or helped with the dishes, several times (I try to be a good guest).  They have a lovely home with all the modern amenities, including a huge frig and a six-burner professional range, but my sis-i-l prefers not to have a dishwasher.  She and my brother have raised five children over the last 30-some years (the youngest is 16 now) and it seems to me a dishwasher would have been a nice thing to have.  On the other hand she has had a fairly steady supply of child labor so maybe she knows what she's doing.  She also hangs clothes on a clothes line, even though she has a dryer, but that I understand completely.  If hand washed dishes smelled as good as line dried sheets I would wash them by hand myself.  No I wouldn't.  Who am I kidding?

No comments:

Post a Comment