Sunday, October 18, 2015

the ultimate downsizing

For the last couple of months I've been patting myself on the back because I managed to downsize and get rid of a great deal of personal property.  Good for me, but recently I've been watching coverage of the Syrian refugees making their way to Germany to escape horrors at home and in search of a better life. In the footage I've seen the refugees are carrying small bundles of stuff and. often, their children, and that's all.  Talk about downsizing.  Ironically I know that my own ancestors left Germany for a better life here, bringing with them a few bundles and boxes and at least two spinning wheels - more than the Syrians have - and apparently on safer boats. I'm not sure I would have had the courage in either situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment