Monday, September 30, 2024

questions???

 Once again my west coast brother has provided me with inspiration for my blog.  He has informed me that today is National Souffle Potato Day, National Hot Mulled Cider Day,  National Mud Pack Day and Ask a Stupid Question Day.  His 'stupid question' was "Why do mud packs even have a day?"  I actually thought that was a pretty good question.  My 'stupid question' is why is it National Souffle Potato Day and not National Potato Souffle Day?  I mulled this over while sipping some delicious hot cider spiced with a cinnamon stick earlier this evening.  I'm not sure if having the cinnamon stick in the cup of cider makes it mulled or not?  But this whole line of thought reminds me of a chemistry teacher I had in high school who like to say "There's no such thing as a stupid question." (I'm sure you've heard that one.) But then, when I would ask him a question, usually during lab work, he'd say, in a rather patronizing voice, "I'm sure you can figure that out."  This explains why I did not go on to take Physics in my senior year (same teacher) which gave me a chance to take an art class and realize that what I really wanted to do in college was major in Art Education so I could, and did, become an art teacher.  Funny how things work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment