Sunday, August 30, 2026

A wonderful singer...

 In church this morning we had a special guest soloist.  I found his name in the bulletin, Michael Deshield, but no other information.  He sang "for Everyone Born" and ""Is There Anybody Here?" He had a beautiful tenor voice and I was curious about his background.  I thought he must have some opera training (not that I'm an expert on vocalists) because he sounded so good. 

So I Googled him.  Here's what I found, from several different sources.  He was recently named a winner of the Metropolitan Opera Laffont Competition as a winner of the Indiana District and an Encouragement award winner of the Central Region, and he is quickly catching the attention of the opera world.  He is lauded for his 'pleasantly throbbing tone'.  

I am not going to list here everything he has ever sung.  Although he is young, the list of operas in which he has performed is extensive.  You can access several of his performances by Googling him and I think you will like what you hear.  

I still wonder why there wasn't any bio information about him included in our bulletin.  Perhaps the composer of our bulletin thought that having info about him to read might have distracted us from listening to him. I don't think that would have happened, not after the first note. 

Remember the name, Michael Deshield, and go hear him if you get the chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment