My west coast brother informed me that today is "National Bacon Lover's Day" and also "International Hawaiian Pizza Day." He then went on to say that, in his opinion, Hawaiian Pizza is really more of a dessert than a pizza. As you probably know, Hawaiian pizza is made with ham and pineapple (and tomato sauce and cheese) so it really is a pizza, sort of, but I agree with my brother, it just doesn't seem like real pizza to me. I like pepperoni and bacon and other kinds of sausage, and mushrooms and black olives and cheese of course - lots of cheese - on my pizza.
However, Hawaiian pizza happens to be my spouse's very favorite kind of pizza, which works out well for both of us. When we go to our regular pizza place (B'Antonio's in case you're interested) we each order our own pizza - small, hand tossed crust, Hawaiian for him, some kind of meat pizza for me. Each pizza comes cut into six nice size pieces. We each eat three at the restaurant, then bring the rest home. Usually, we each have one piece for lunch the next day and two for supper. Pizza is an amazing food, that tastes just as good as a left-over.
In case you're wondering where I'm going with this blog, it's too late tonight, but my wonder spouse and I have already agreed to go out for supper tomorrow evening. He always reads my blogs so he will probably respond favorably to my not so subtle hint. Happy eating everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment