Friday, August 14, 2026

Tattoos...

 My west coast brother started his text today with a riddle which I think is worth sharing.

"What's the best thing about Switzerland?"

"It's flag is a big plus."  

I know - groan - obviously a DAD joke.  By the way, I have been to Switzerland and it is a beautiful country, so no disparagement intended here.

But now on to tattoos.  My west coast brother also informed me that today is "National Tattoo Removal Day."  I do not have any tattoos nor have I ever had any removed but many, many of my best beloved family members have them (no, not my wonder spouse) and I did aid in taking care of an unwanted one.

Some time before or during my daughter's first marriage she had her spouse's four-letter first name tattooed in two inch high letters (each letter in a different color) on her upper left arm.  Sadly some marriages are not meant to be permanent, even though the relevant tattoos are very much so.  

After looking into having the tattoo removed, which she discovered would be a slow and painful process, she came to me with a request. Would I please design a tattoo to cover up the old one?  I don't have a picture of it, but I did design a coverup tattoo of four flowers in the same colors as the name tattoo.  She had my design tattooed over the name tattoo.  It disguised it completely and still looks good to this day.   

Not really a 'removal' but my best tattoo story. 

PS Her current, much more satisfactory, husband is very happy that the old tattoo is covered up.

No comments:

Post a Comment