Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Take that picture...

 Today is "World Photography Day."  I had to find this out all by myself.  My west coast brother and sister-in-law spent the day roller skating, so no time to research special days for me.  My brother did, however, send me a picture of his wife doing the "Limbo" on skates.    I am in awe of anyone still skating at the age of 70 and my sister-in-law, all 4' 11" of her, is very very good at it.  My brother at 6' 6" may not be quite as graceful, but then again he does have farther to fall.  

My daughter regularly babysits for my great-grandson (almost six months old) and she sends me pictures of him at least two or three times a week. I am delighted to receive these of course. 

The two pictures I received today make me appreciate how easy it is to take, save and share pictures these days.  They all live on my phone.  I have a friend since college who has always loved to take pictures and has more than 30 fat albums to prove it.  It was always assumed that when she came to visit she would bring with her many albums with up-to-date pictures of her children and grandchildren.  She did surprise me though at her most recent visit.  The pictures she showed me were all on her phone, and she informed me that she was saving them to the cloud. How times change.  She also surprised me by admitting that none of her three children or their spouses want any of her albums; maybe a picture here or there but no albums.

And speaking of photographs, my wonder spouse and I have decided that from now on, instead of preserving and framing the jigsaw puzzles we have finished and really like, we will just take a picture.  We can project these pictures on our TV if we want to look at them or show them to guests (just like we do with trip pictures). 

There is a commercial on television that begins by saying "Our children really don't want our spoon collection."  I'm pretty sure that our children really don't want our framed puzzle collection.  


  Then again, we do have 10 grandchildren to give them to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment