Thursday, August 27, 2026

just because...

 Today, according to my west coast brother, is "Just Because Day."  What a great day.  I spent a good deal of today reading a good novel, just because I couldn't put it down.

My wonder spouse and I had pizza for supper (Hawaiian for him, supreme for me) just because we hadn't had pizza for a few weeks and just because we really wanted it. 

We also spent some time on our current jigsaw puzzle, just because we felt like it.

This afternoon I had my annual physical with my favorite doctor who thinks I'm in great shape.  I keep going back to him, year after year, just because I really do like him and trust him.  That's primarily just because he listens when I talk to him and takes the time to answer my questions. 

At that same appointment, just because it's required by Medicare, one of the nurses gave me a hearing test.  I could hear all the little beeps and buzzes, high and low tones, in each ear, but her little machine was telling her that I'm deaf.  So the last 'just because' of today is that, because of machine or operator error, I will probably soon be having an appointment with an audiologist.  Just because....

No comments:

Post a Comment