My west coast brother lives near Spokane,Washington. If you've been paying attention to the national news you are aware of the wild fires that have been burning in and around Spokane for the last couple of weeks. Thankfully, my brother and his family are in a rural area that is not threatened right now. They are however dealing with a lot of smoke. He tells me that masks left over from the days of Covid are coming in handy.
The good news is they have arrested the pyromaniac. He has admitted to starting 25 fires in the last couple of years. He is in jail with bail set at $1,000,000. Again, according to my brother.
I am writing about this because I just don't understand what would compel someone to start fires.
When I was a girl livimg with my family on our little five acre farm the farmer who lived across the road accidentally set fire to the tall grass growing along the side of the road. It had been a very dry summer and the fire burned brightly, but just for a while. The volunteer firemen arrived before it got very far into the field on the neighbor's side of the road. The fire was put out, no damage done except a scorched area along the road.
That's as close as I ever want to come to a fire. Please keep the people of Spokane in your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment