Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Brace yourself...

 Actually, I'm the one who is bracing myself.  Several months ago my wonder spouse had stem cell injections in his knees to alleviate the pain and the procedure was very successful.  After careful consideration and a lot of pain, especially in my right knee, we decided that I should do the same thing. 

It sounds so simple - inject a concoction of buttery consistency into each leg just at the bottom edge of the kneecap. That part was simple and went very smoothly this morning.  The catch is that, in order to ensure that the stem cell mixture stays in the right location in each leg (it won't do any good if it just leaks away) I must now wear a brace on each leg that is strapped on above and below the knee and holds the knee in perfect alignment until everything is set.  I will be wearing these braces for the next six weeks.  This will be followed by six therapy sessions to assure that all is working as it should be.  

When this is all finished, I will, theoretically, be able to keep up with my spouse on walks and hikes of the sort that occur frequently on our trips.  I will not be running!  I have never been a runner so that is not on my agenda.

Although there was a time when I sprinted really fast to catch a granddaughter who was about to fall into the creek.  But that's a story for another time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment