You have two more chances to see Noel Cowards "Hay Fever" performed at First Presbyterian Theater here in Fort Wayne at 300 W. Wayne Street, across from the downtown library. My spouse and I saw it this evening and I highly recommend it.
The play, written in 1920 takes place in England and features the Bliss family. Kate Black gives an outstanding performance as Judith Bliss, an aging but oh so dramatic actress. Everyone else in the cast also performed brilliantly.
The Bliss family, mother (the actress), father (the author) and adult son and daughter (the hangers-on) epitomize the 'dys' in dysfunctional families. I guarantee that you will find plenty to laugh at in this timeless play and come away feeling so much better about your own family.
As I said, you have two more chances to see it. Saturday, August 29 at 7:30pm and Sunday, August 30 at 2:00pm. Admission is $20 per person, $15 for seniors 60+.
No comments:
Post a Comment