I had a delightful encounter with a two year old girl this afternoon. It only lasted a few minutes but we both came away smiling.
My spouse and I had gone to Parkview Regional hospital to visit with his brother who is happily on his way to recovery.
As we were leaving my spouse realized that he had forgotten to give his brother something and went back to his room. Since it was a long way back there, I sat down in a little waiting area to wait for him.
A young mother, Amish or Menonite by her dress, and her little girl were sitting in the same area. The mom and I chatted a little bit and then the girl showed me her 'balloon.' Her daddy, who wasn't there at the momenent, had blown up a blue surgical glove and it really made quite a nice little balloon, very sturdy and a perfect size for a two year old.
The child and I played with that balloon for about five minutes. We wiggled and bent and squeezed the fingers and made the hand balloon wave. It was just silly fun but it made us both laugh. Then my spouse came and we walked off. I smiled and waved to her and she smiled and waved back. Such a simple little interlude but it made me feel cheerful all day. I hope it did the same for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment