Monday, April 25, 2022

Tea time.

 Question from my daily trivia calendar "What country consumes the most tea per person per year?"  I guessed India, or maybe England (you can always get tea in England) or New Zealand.  But I was wrong on all counts.  It's Turkey.  the Turkish people consume about seven pounds of tea per person per year.  Second place goes to Ireland at five pounds of tea per person per year.  Obviously, they are weighing the tea leaves when they are dry little crumbles.  Once they are all soggy they weigh a good deal more.  Last week a friend and I met at a local Turkish restaurant for a late lunch.  The Baba Ghanoush was delicious.  I also had the Turkish Coffee, or what was supposed to be Turkish coffee.  It was just coffee, although they did serve it in a little tiny cup; I make stronger coffee myself.  Now I'm wishing I had ordered the Turkish tea, since it appears they know how to make tea.  Maybe next time.  The restaurant is called Deema, in case you're interested.  

No comments:

Post a Comment