Thursday, March 5, 2015

a lumpy bumpy mattress

The time had come.  I finally had to admit that my good old "memory foam" mattress simply isn't comfortable any more - too much memory, not enough foam?  So earlier this week I ordered a new mattress which will be delivered on March 14.  Now suddenly (is it just in my mind?) my old mattress seems more uncomfortable each night.  Ah well, I'll be visiting a friend part of next week so only 7 more nights.  I did not, by the way, order a fancy schmancy mattress with dual comfort settings.  Since there is only one of me that didn't seem necessary (sorry, the cat doesn't count), but I did "test drive" several models with the help of a very patient sales lady.  I was actually surprised at how different several firm mattresses could feel, but when I stretched out on the one I eventually ordered, it just felt right.  She was patient but discouraged me from coming back to nap on the model each day.  Ah well...

No comments:

Post a Comment