Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A salute to excellent engineering

Today my daughter helped me assemble a bed frame for a new set of mattresses I had purchased for my guest bedroom, and I think we were both really pleased at how easily it went together.  I had assumed that assembling the frame would involve some tools, but not so.  The cross pieces were hinged to the long side pieces and unfolded similar to unfolding the legs of a card table. Once the cross pieces were unfolded (and the little glides were popped on the bottom of the legs) it was just a matter of sliding the correct bolts, already attached, into the correct holes, sliding the pieces to lock. popping in two little plastic pegs, and hey, presto, it was done. Thank you to whoever designed this.  Well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment