Monday, December 12, 2016

Snow kidding

In honor of our first substantial snow fall I thought I would share some interesting snow facts courtesy of an Old Farmer's Almanac Calendar. The weather person says that we had over 7 inches of snow and I believe that.  I helped a girlfriend clean her car off and there were certainly seven inches of soft, fluffy snow all over that car and every other one in the parking lot here.
I'm assuming these facts are true because who can doubt the Old Farmer's Almanac?
Fact number 1: When cows bellow in the evening expect snow by morning. Who knew?
Fact number 2: A single snow storm can drop 39 million tons of show. Hopefully not all on one roof.
Fact number 3: Every winter at least 1 septillion (1+24 zeros) snowflakes fall from the sky. Who counted?
Fact number 4: Chionophobia is a fear of snow. I'm not sure what a fear of driving in snow is called, maybe common sense?
And that's enough about snow for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment