Saturday, September 26, 2015

fulfilling a promise to myself

One of the things I've been looking forward to since I'm living downtown now is the chance to walk on sidewalks in relative safety. I've also been thinking that, while I'm living here, I'll be able to walk to special events. Today I accomplished both.  I walked for 35 minutes from my apartment to Parkview Field where I enjoyed Fort for Fitness.  It was inspiring to watch all those runners crossing the finish line after running in various races while I sat in the stands eating sweet potato fries.  A friend of mine (my age) took part in the 4 mile walk/run event. Her time was one hour, ten minutes - somewhere in the middle.  She's a walker, not a runner. We met up after the race, walked 20 minutes to where she had parked her car and she gave me a ride back to my apartment on her way home. Maybe next year I'll try the 4-mile walk.  I wonder if they'll let me use my cane?

No comments:

Post a Comment