Tuesday, September 29, 2015

When does it feel good to pay bills?

When you have money in the bank of course.  Today the deposit I made after my closing finally was cleared and I could start paying off some of the debts incurred while getting the house ready to sell.  One step was to get a cashier's check made out to the window company and the new owner so he can hand it over when the window installation is finished to the buyer's satisfaction.  I delivered it to the buyer's wife at the house today.  It felt a little weird to pull up to what used to be "my house" see strange cars in the driveway, not have a garage door opener in my car and need to ring the doorbell.  Even stranger to see furniture in the rooms that doesn't look at all familiar.  Some things hadn't changed though.  The windows across the front of the house are still the same old windows even though Bill (the window guy) called me last Wednesday to tell me the new windows had arrived. Ah well, it's not my battle to fight any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment