Tuesday, September 8, 2015

News about Stonehenge

I've always been intrigued by Stonehenge. I was lucky enough to see it a few years ago and it's just as wonderful and mysterious in person as it has always seemed in pictures.  So when I heard on TV this morning about a new discovery at Stonehenge I was interested.  It seems scientists have discovered, three miles from the center of Stonehenge, a row of stones that are now three feet underground.  I'm not sure if they are arranged in a giant circle or just in a row. The interesting thing is it looks like all of the stones were originally positioned standing upright but then at some time knocked down.  One of the commentators said it was like a giant row of dominoes arranged and then knocked down.  It seems those prehistoric people had way too much time on their hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment