Friday, September 11, 2015

Some will come, some won't.

I was talking to a friend at church before a meeting the other evening, telling her about my 10th floor apartment. I'm very excited about it but she said "You know I can never visit you there." Turns out she has an elevator phobia. Who knew.  Then we got to laughing because in all the years we've know each other (about 32 since I joined First Pres) she has only been to my house twice.  On the other hand one of my cruise buddies can't wait to see the place. She's bringing supper and coming to help me empty some boxes the day after I move in.  Now I just have to learn how the buzzer works to let people in. I'm hoping she will be the first of a steady stream of visitors or maybe a steady trickle - I do have a finite number of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment