Thursday, September 10, 2015

They don't make it easy.

I spent more time than I should have today trying to get electric and Fios service for my apartment. Yesterday my rental agent emailed me an information sheet with the phone numbers I should call for electric and internet service. I started with I & M, called the number provided, explained my situation to a pleasant sounding young man who, after many questions back and forth, told me that they didn't have any record of electrical service to my new address.  Seemed strange to me.  I have to assume the tenant before me had electricity.  He told me to call the apartment complex and get the meter number. So I called and was told in no uncertain terms that I&M never needs the meter number and Three Rivers definitely has electricity. She did some phoning for me, called me back and told me the young man had been using the number 3 instead of the word Three in the address.  I called back, got someone else, explained my situation and finally got things set up so I will have electricity.  That will make my life easier.
Then I decided to tackle Frontier.  I called the number provided, left a voice mail, got a call back within the hour. The nice lady told me to call a different number. I did, got voicemail, left a message, finally left to pick up my granddaughters from school.  When I got home there was a message waiting on my phone - someone returning my call.  I called the number provided, left  another voice mail message, after being assured by their recorded message that they were open.  So far no call back.  I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment