Friday, October 7, 2016

"Wait Until Dark"

I saw an excellent production at Arena Dinner Theater this evening.  I have seen several comedies there over the years, always fun, but this was the only drama I've seen there and I wasn't sure what to expect. If you remember the old movie from many years ago, it is the story of a blind woman pitted against some really bad guys who have gained access to her apartment while she's home alone. In this production all of the acting was very good and the staging, with very effective use of lighting and non-lighting certainly helped build the tension. A young friend of mine, Chip Davis, did a fine job acting the part of the husband, but Emily Arata did such a amazing job of acting blind that you completely forgot that she wasn't. At least I don't think she's really blind???  And, to top off a great evening, I found, among the paintings for sale (they display the work of different artists for each production) a perfect birthday gift for my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment