Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Wow, a debate about the issues.

What a concept. I watched the senatorial debate this evening. Indiana candidates for the US Senate Evan Bayh, Democrat, Todd Young, Republican, and Lucy Brenton, Libertarian, stood calmly behind their separate podiums on a stage and thoughtfully answered questions posed to them by Ken Owen, a good, no nonsense moderator. They didn't yell, demean each other (well not much) or rant on about personal affronts. They simply stood there and answered the questions. It was actually quite refreshing. I must say I was quite impressed by Libertarian candidate, Lucy Brenton. I admit I'm also partial to the name. I've never voted for a Libertarian candidate before but there's always a first time. I doubt that she'll win but I won't be surprised if she gets a higher percentage of the vote than any prior Libertarian US senatorial candidate in Indiana

No comments:

Post a Comment