Friday, January 31, 2020

more about children

Since I got my new phone last year I have done more with Facebook than I ever did before.  it is so easy to access that I find myself flipping through the posts at least every other day or so.  While I don't care for children in commercials (see yesterday's post) I do enjoy pictured of cute babies on Facebook, and cute kittens and cute puppies.  Cartoons or photographs, they usually make me laugh.  What I don't enjoy on Facebook are long articles about politics or travels or what someone had for dinner.  I guess I'm just a very superficial Facebook user.  I have a friend who admits to spending at least two hours on Facebook every day while I can usually skim through what I want to see in five, maybe ten minutes.  Of course when I post something profound (admittedly not too often) I really want to think that everyone is reading it.  A lot like this blog.  Best picture of 2019? A truly beautiful picture, taken by the daughter-in-law of a friend, of her  three year old daughter snuggled up asleep on Santa's lap.  This showed up not long after I had heard a news report about parents deliberately making their children cry to get a 'cute' picture on Santa's lap. I think that strange attitude made the really sweet picture I saw seem even better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment