Wednesday, March 16, 2022

books! books! books!

 I heard a very interesting presentation by the new director of the Allen County Public Library this evening,  She explained several new and existing programs and the need for building improvements.  After her speech she opened it up for questions.  I listened to her answers to several serious questions and then decided to ask a sort of silly question of my own.  I told her that when I was a young mother of a baby and a toddler, visits to the bookmobile were high points of our weeks and asked if there was any bookmobile service any more.  She said not now but she would really like to get it reinstated.  She also said she would like to create a genealogy mobile, which sounds fascinating to me.  They do have a variation on the book mobile that visits assisted living facilities but currently no neighborhood book mobiles.  But they could be coming.  Let's here it for good old ideas revisited!

No comments:

Post a Comment