Saturday, December 10, 2022

Well, that was fun.

 This evening was the second performance of our play "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" and everything seemed to go right (except that the baby Jesus doll's head almost came off).  After the show, I passed people coming out who all said what a good show it was.  Everyone was smiling and that's a good sign.  One gentleman even stopped me and asked me if I had ever been in a play at Arena.  I said "Yes, I had been in "You Can't Take It With You" and I played the drunk over-the-hill actress.  He turned to his wife and said "I knew it, I told you."  Needless to say, I was flattered that he remembered me, although, when I thought about it, I realized that in the Arena play, I spent most of the time 'passed out' on the couch so I'm not sure what part of me he recognized.  He thought it was pretty funny that I had gone from playing a drunk to a church lady.  I left him wondering which role was closer to the real me.

No comments:

Post a Comment