Monday, May 11, 2015

An answer to the question "How do you like retirement?"

I had a vision of retirement before I actually retired, that involved long leisurely days when I had plenty of time to get things done and relax with a good book or whatever.  I think I assumed that retirement days would be similar to the lazy days of summer vacation that I remember as a child. You know, the kind of days and weeks that seemed to go on forever. It's not happening.  I was looking at my calendar today and realized that so far, in the month of May, I haven't had one single day that I could just stay at home all day, and I won't have until the 16th.
Obviously, I need to get my retirement more organized, but that just doesn't seem right somehow.  Who knew that relaxing in retirement could be such hard work?

No comments:

Post a Comment