Sunday, May 17, 2015

one more sign that I might be, gasp, a senior citizen

I watched two colorized episodes of "I Love Lucy" this evening, and, while these weren't two of her most famous shows, I found myself laughing out loud.  Lucille Ball was an excellent comedic actor, no question about that, but I found myself comparing the dialogue and story line to current sit-coms. What I realized was that neither of the episodes I watched contained sexual innuendos, explicit naming of body parts, crass comments or any of the rude, crude dialogue that seems to pass for comedy in so many shows these days.  Somehow, for me, being asked to titter at crude jokes isn't nearly as satisfying as being able to laugh out loud at silly situations and really witty conversations.
Face it, I guess I'm hopelessly old fashioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment