Thursday, February 3, 2022

how do they do that?

I'm watching figure skaters this evening. First rounds of the Olympic competitions I think.  Figure skating is one of my favorite events to watch, even though I'm pretty sure they use magic.  I understand the leaps up into the air and the quick spins before they land (almost always on their feet) and how they skate zippy quick from one end of the rink to the other.  What I don't understand is the spinning. How do they start spinning, in one spot, and keep spinning faster and faster, part of the time on one skate, and, at least with women skaters, one leg held straight up in the air.  And, and here's where the magic comes in I think, how to they come out of that spin and just keep skating.  Why don't they get dizzy?  Magic, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment