Wednesday, May 17, 2017

never say never

I get a little suspicious when someone says "They never do that>" or some equivalent statement. I'm going to be making a few small (three to four day) trips over the next several weeks and decided I needed a middle-size suitcase, not as large as the one I use for two-week trips but larger than my ancient carry-on. I went to Macy's yesterday because they are always having sales and checked in their luggage department. I had measured my big and small suitcases and took a tape measure with me so I could check out sizes. A seemingly helpful clerk came over to see what I was up to, and when I explained the approximate size suitcase I was looking for, not having seen any in the luggage sets displayed, she informed me in a very firm manner that "Nobody makes that size suitcase." Really?? Nobody, anywhere? Being dissatisfied with this answer, I decide to try another place today and what do you know? At Target, in their travel section, I found exactly the size I was looking for, in three different colors and two different brands. I chose a  royal blue (matches my car) model by American Tourister. It has lots of space for its size, four indipendentaly swiveling wheels, and a nice long extendable pull handle. Everything I like in a suitcase. The moral of this story is if someone tells you there is no such thing, go look for it at Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment