Saturday, July 22, 2017

at the farmers market

Well I'm still trying to obey the president's urging to buy American. This morning I did my bit by shopping at the Farmers' Market. I actually even saw a few farmers there in among the food trucks and people selling jewelry and crafts (also made right here in the USA). I was good and kept my purchases to meat, vegetables and rasin bread.  It helps my self control when I realize that I have to walk a half mile home with whatever I buy. For supper tonight I had some of the fruits of my labor - an heirloom tomato, green beans and sausage. Yumm. The heirloom tomato was, as the farmer told me, ugly but good. I will definitely buy more the next time I go back. I only made it to the farmers' market twice last summer.  I'm trying for at least three times this summer. Some good habits take a while to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment