Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Summer school was never like this.

I remember summer school. When I was in high schook I took two summer classes, typing - the closest I every came to getting a D in a class, and speed reading which I was assured would help me in college. It may have althugh deep down I really enjoy reading more slowly, savoring the words that the author worked so hard to string together. Anyway, one of my granddaughters, who will be a freshman this fall, is taking summer school. She's taking physical education. This three week, four hour a day concetrated PE class will allow her to take band and have a study hall her first year. Sounds like a great idea to me. However she will be getting quite a work out in two weeks. Her last week of PE coincides with her first week of band camp so. for one week,  from 9am to 1pm she will be swimming, running, and doing various exercises. Then from 3pm to 9pm she will be marching. This will make the last two weeks of band camp look easy, so I guess that's a good thing. No concers about this grandchild not getting enough exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment