Thursday, February 15, 2024

praise for a good doctor...

Today, I had my first meeting with my GP since I've been out of the hospital. We were supposed to meet last week but he went home with food poisoning.  My doctor is an DO and the best doctor I've ever had.  Today he spent a long time with me and my husband, listened to the whole story of what had been going on with me for the last five weeks, looked at all the test results that have been posted, promised to be actively involved from here on (which is more than I've gotten from the kidney doctors). He did discuss the cists, and the necessity for scanning them when my kidneys are closer to completely back to normal.  One thing he said that I found weirdly reassuring was that there is almost never cancer in both kidneys.  At least he was willing to talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment