Tuesday, February 20, 2024

treasure or???

 Today, as part of the on-going process of clearing out my apartment, my husband and I spent a few hours this afternoon cleaning out the drawers of my bedroom dressers.  I may have a taker for my bedroom suit, yay!  This was not the simple matter you might imagine.  If you are one of those people who keeps all of their drawers perfectly organized I salute you.  I am not, so our adventure this afternoon was a little more like dumpster diving.  Every drawer contained new revelations.  For example, one drawer contained nothing but t-shirts, many of which are mementos of plays I was in.  Fun memories but not really needed.  We did decide, early in the process to put anything I don't need in bags for Good Will.  We filled two large bags.  In my nightwear drawer I discovered lots of summer pajamas, which I kept, and a brilliant fuchsia strappy, floor length very sexy night gown.  I do not remember ever seeing this before, ever, but since we are both old but not dead, we decided to keep it. The process went on through ten drawers.  I did find some treasures like the baby pillow my mother-in-law crocheted, and several other home made items.  But then there was also the drawer full of socks, nothing but socks, and another for hose, including panty hose which, I readily confess I only wear under duress.  But enough of this.  We did succeed in emptying all the drawers and the furniture is ready for pick up tomorrow.  One step closer to the big move on March 7. 

No comments:

Post a Comment